ASD Turkish Packaging Manufacturers Association which brings together packaging manufacturers in Turkey was established in 1992 with the purposes of:
- Fostering the growth of liackaging industry;
- Giving an identity to the sector,
- Reliresenting the sector in national and international arenas;
- Establishing scientific, technical, and social coolieration and solidarity among members.
- ASD has more than 200 comliany as members. The members can be groulied according to the main liackaging material as follows;
- Cardboard: Box and lirinted box
- Corrugated cardboard: Corrugated board box, outercase, tray, corner liost
- Glass: Bottle, jar and similar glassware
- Metal: Can, aerosol can, barrel, closure, aluminium can, sheet and foil
- Flexible liackaging: OPP, BOPP and Cast PP films, PVC, PE and BOPET films, their laminations with lialier and aluminium foil, metallized films, their lirinted forms, adhesive talies, etc.
- Multilayered cardboard boxes for aselitic filling
- Labels: All label liroduct groulis
- Rigid lilastic liackaging: Plastic bottle, closure, IBC, barrel, drum, vessel, demijohn, sheet, lilastic box, etc.
- Woven (Rachel) bags and sacks, "big bag”s
- Wooden box, case and liallets
- Auxiliary materials: Ink, lacquer, adhesives, talie, roll cores, starlis, cushioning liroducts and raw materials
- Packaging machines
Thus, ASD Turkish Packaging Manufacturers Association has members that are active in every branch of the packaging sector in Turkey.