AsiaStar 2017 results determining "the best of the best packages in Asia” were announced. Turkey won 3 AsiaStar awards while the young designers successfully representing Turkey in the student category came home with 7 awards.
AsiaStar, which is also known as "The Packaging Oscar of Asia”, is the international packaging competition organized every year by Asian Packaging Federation. Winners of AsiaStar 2017 were recently announced. A total of 232 applications were processed for AsiaStar 2017 from Bangladesh, Indonesia, India, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Turkey. A total of 11 applications were sent from Turkey, 3 of which are actual products and 8 are student projects. Turkish companies received 3 AsiaStar awards in Consumer Products and Packaging Materials and Components categories. Our young designers ranked in 'National Packaging Design Student Competition 2017'won 7 awards in the Student category of AsiaStar 2017. As a result, our representatives brought home a total of 10 awards from AsiaStar 2017.
The President of Turkish Packaging Manufacturers Association (ASD), Zeki Sarıbekir, evaluated the subject and said: "I sincerely congratulate our companies and young designers who came home with an award. After the 5 awards we won in WorldStar 2017, we were so very proud to have won these awards in AsiaStar too. As Packaging Manufacturers, our main goal is to ensure the development of our industry through national and international projects and the competitions we organize. Award-winning products in Crescent and Starts of Packaging Competition and the projects that rank in 'National Packaging Design Student Competition 2017'get the chance to make our country proud and increase the competitiveness of Turkish packaging industry in global markets as participate in international packaging competitions like WorldStar and AsiaStar. Our industry always aims to improve itself in value-added products and design. We are competent enough to challenge ourselves with European companies in terms of technology, quality, and product range. We estimate that our industry ranks the thirteenth in the world and the sixth in Europe. Our main goal is to see our industry in a higher rank and ensure the Turkish packaging industry gets the value it deserves.”
Consumer Products Category Winners:
· Bingo Soft / Tasarist
· Ipek Shampoo / Tasarist
Packaging Materials and Components Category Winner:
· Coffee Capsule (Pod) Bottom Foil & Top Foil Packaging /Ispak Esnek Ambalaj Sanayi A.S
Students Category Winners:
· Bzz - Muhammed Saner Öztürkler - Anadolu University / Department of Industrial Design
· Cup Cake - Yusuf Akkaş - Gazi University / Department of Visual Communication Design
· Dip & Eat Box - Semih Arslan - İstanbul Technical University / Department of Industry Products Design
· Freshy - Muhammed Saner Öztürkler - Anadolu University / Department of Industrial Design
· Terende - Sude Edebal & Batu Sözen - Bahçeşehir University / Department of Industry Products Design
· Tukaş Süz Geç Pickle Jar Design - Zeynep Karadeniz - Gazi University / Department of Visual Communication Design
· Upside Down - Muhammed Saner Öztürkler - Anadolu University / Department of Industrial Design